What you’ll learn
Oracle PL/SQL Programming
Provisioning Oracle Cloud Autonomous Database with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure(OCI)
Connecting to Cloud Autonomous Database using SQL Developer client.
Case study to make understanding of PL/SQL better
The big question is – is SQL & PLSQL still relevant and should you learn it? Well, the answer is: Yes.
SQL & PL/SQL has established itself as the de-facto data access language used across many different industries, that’s available in the database.
This means that SQL & PL/SQL is no longer just used by developers, but folks from many different parallel technical fields that need to store, manipulate, and access large volumes of data – analyse it with slice and dice concept to derive meaningful business information so as to have the business in competitive edge.
For this reason, SQL and PL/SQL isn’t going anywhere. Its stable in popularity and still dwarfs NoSQL databases on a side by side comparison.
The advantage of PLSQL is
PL/SQL allows sending an entire block of statements to the database at one time. This reduces network traffic and provides high performance for the applications.
PL/SQL gives high productivity to programmers as it can query, transform, and update data in a database.
Applications written in PL/SQL are fully portable.
With this course, you can learn how to provision the latest Oracle Cloud Autonomous Database 19c which is provided on
Oracle cloud infrastructure as always free tier , utilize it to learn SQL (not covered in detail in this course ) and PL/SQL, which is covered in details.
The PL/SQL topics covered in this course are :
- Different Oracle DB environment to Learn & Practice.
- How to get access to Oracle Cloud Free tier.
- An Overview about all new Oracle Autonomous Cloud Database.
- Provisioning Oracle Autonomous Database on OCI
- Accessing the Oracle Cloud Autonomous DB for SQL – web and client version – SQL Developer.
- What is PLSQL?
- Oracle PLSQL programming approach
- Naming conventions and formatting.
- Scope of variable declaration & nested block
- Using PLSQL to interact with Oracle DB
- Cursors in PLSQL.
- Control Statement in PLSQL
- Handling Exceptions in PLSQL
- Subprograms & Composite data type
- Database triggers.
- Case study in SQL & PLSQL
- Business case & problem statement provided in document format for the learner to work upon & provided solution.
- Solutions presentation in detail to validate your solution.
Who this course is for:
- IT Analyst
- IT Developer looking for career in Oracle PLSQL
- Students in IT / Engineering / Management
- Any one who have knowledge on SQL and wish to learn PLSQL
- Data Science
- Database Design & Development
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- Programming Languages
- Software Development Tools
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Web Development
- Finance & Accounting
- IT & Software
- IT Certifications
- Network & Security
- Operating Systems & Servers
- Other IT & Software
- Office Productivity
- Personal Development
- Teaching & Academics