What you’ll learn
Create all kinds of websites, using WordPress, for your own business or to sell to clients
Master the inner workings of WordPress, for building, troubleshooting, and fixing websites
Learn WordPress Block-based and Full Site Editing using Twenty Twenty-Two Theme with WordPress 5.9 and later
Learn the Kadence Theme and Kadence Blocks plugin for creating high performance custom WordPress sites within the native blocks system
Learn the Divi Theme and Visual Builder to build robust custom websites from pre-designed layout packs
Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way
Build and edit websites within staging and development environments
Migrate and transfer WordPress websites from staging to live and vice-versa
Master the three types of email needed to support a WordPress website
Sell Website Care and Maintenance plans to happy clients for recurring revenue
Set up working online eCommerce, invoicing and payments systems to support your project income and recurring fees
Show moreShow less
“Gregg is a great instructor. This course covered different aspects and applications of WordPress management for business purposes from technicalities to practical business-oriented tips. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for refreshing or acquiring knowledge on WordPress CMS and, even more, to who is eventually considering the idea of launching a private web development business through one of the most known, used and powerful tool available in the market.” –Riccardo A.
No better time than now, and only increasing
With WordPress powering more than 40% of all websites on the internet, there’s never been a better time to build an income and a business around it. Learn the most current and modern best practices with WordPress design, hosting, management and business processes outlined in detail.
You’re here because you want to master WordPress, right? Good idea. You’re in the right place. And, you can do it without learning any programming or coding.
While WordPress is open source, and because of that has thousands of developers building resources for it, it still takes quite a bit of learning to become a master at building and managing websites with it. It’s not just learning the WordPress software, there’s a small amount of graphic design knowledge needed, hosting and server management, troubleshooting broken sites or problems by hacking into the back end and server setup, and properly staging development environments around new sites or when performing updates and changes on existing sites.
Why am I qualified to teach you?
Through this course, I’ll teach you everything I’ve learned and mastered through 16 years of building, managing, migrating, and hosting WordPress websites.
“He is concise and well spoken, without dumbing it down at all. As a total newbie to WordPress, I’m thankful he’s offering this! 3 lessons in and it’s great so far.” –Jamie Rasmussen
My business lets me work on my own schedule, manage my home workspace without a boss or a manager, and gives me an unlimited ceiling for profit and income and time freedom.
Without learning to code or programming anything, I’m able to leverage what’s already been done with WordPress to create modern, robust and functional websites for clients of all types.
I’m hoping you’ll get to the same awesome place in your work life. Let this course give you the head start you need to increase your income fast.
“[Gregg] has covered more areas than what an average course would deliver, this is clear reflection of Gregg’s experience in the subject. He has gone above and beyond to cover every aspect of WordPress for a clear and concise understanding for a beginner.
Gregg is probably one of the best instructors I have come across on Udemy and expert in the subject. Well done and Thank you for an amazing course.”
–Mohamed Fawmey Mohamed Vinodh
Many of my best and biggest clients have come from “abandoned” WordPress websites, where the client’s website designer or developer has left the scene. My ability to get in and restore, fix, redesign, and continue to manage WordPress websites brings me lots of instant and recurring income.
You’ll learn how to do all this in more than 18.5 hours of easy-to-follow video content, fun lessons and challenges.
During this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know to start or improve your own WordPress website business.
The WordPress Ecosystem
“Straight forward and neat! Just what I need to step up the freelancing ladder. Highly recommended.” –Mr. Graciano Jose Reyes
It’s probably no surprise to you that the WordPress community has thousands of really talented and creative developers, designers and technologists working within it. And you may know that much of their work is available as open-source resources that will enable you to build your own business.
The open-source philosophy doesn’t mean that no one makes any money. On the contrary, by sharing much of what we, as a community, create, we all prosper much, much more, because we all share in expanding what’s possible with WordPress.
By spending zero-to-little money, you can stand on the shoulders of those who came before you, to create your own business niche, by learning the skills and secrets presented in this course.
“Instructor explains everything very clearly, and in detail. So simple to learn and understand in this course. Looking forward to finishing all of the lessons with much excitement. An A+++ instructor and course.” –Mekus
Summary of what you’ll get
- More than 18.5 hours of video teaching and training.
- Current and future WordPress topics, best practices and robust design systems for building custom websites with WordPress.
- Two free sandbox WordPress environments to build and experiment with 10 sites each.
- The Leverage WP Sandbox environment includes the new full site editing block-based theme system, with Twenty Twenty-Two and other block-based themes.
- The Leverage Divi environment is a complete Divi Theme and Visual Builder practice suite with more than 250 layout packs from Divi available and ready for you to build and learn from.
- Evaluate and choose hosting for your own websites and client sites, with insights from 20 years of hosting client websites.
- Free extended hosting trial with Flywheel for performing coursework and hosting your website experiments.
- Build a bunch of modern mobile-responsive websites, each with a different focus and learning purpose – each one could be re-purposed for a client website, and you’ll learn to leverage pre-designed layouts for quick design and implementation.
- Learn to set up local development environments to play with WordPress websites in private, on your own computer.
- Active and helpful community and forum.
- Direct access to your instructor for questions and help through the Udemy communications channels.
- Lifetime access to the course, including all future updates.
What will I learn that I can apply to creating a profitable business right away?
- Download and configure free open-source software tools and use online services to build the resources you need to create and manage WordPress websites.
- Master the ins-and-outs of hosting and development environments, including servers, files, and databases that WordPress uses.
- Learn how to get into the WordPress files and database to manually manage installation and troubleshooting for WordPress websites.
- Lean how to set up and manage the three types of email system needed to support a website, and how to do it through WordPress.
- Add contact forms, interactive maps, and other dynamic sections into WordPress
- Learn the Twenty Twenty-Two theme and full site editing with the new block-based WordPress system on WP 5.9 and later.
- Learn Kadence Theme and Kadence Blocks for amazing customization possibilities using the default WordPress block editor.
- Learn Divi and the Visual Builder, the most powerful and high-performance design system available for WordPress.
How about more advanced topics I’ll need?
- WordPress website migration and moving sites to different hosts and servers.
- Hosting differences and migration services.
- Using staging areas for website development and updating.
- Working with three different types of WordPress themes and design systems
- Working with plugins, and vetting them for usability, reputation and longevity.
- Custom Post Types for customizing a website’s functionality to match the needs of a client.
- Working with global elements like site-wide colors and typography.
- Setting up site-wide templates and dynamic sections to manage content globally throughout a website.
- Setting up email systems: transactional email sent by WordPress, broadcast email sent to email lists in bulk, and specific email addresses at website domains.
- eCommerce and WordPress: using WooCommerce to support your business and receive online payments for project fees and recurring subscriptions.
- Updating WordPress, Themes and Plugins.
- Managing multiple websites for recurring income.
- Creating multiple backup and restore systems.
Landing, managing, and keeping great clients
- Finding clients and building client proposals
- Website care and management services for recurring income.
- Client billing for flat-rate projects and recurring charges.
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in learning to build websites using open source and free tools should take this course.
- Those familiar with WordPress, who need a deeper understanding of how all the parts fit together, should take this course.
- Those new to WordPress, but looking for a complete system for creating and managing professional websites for clients or themselves, should take this course.
- Those who want to modernize their knowledge of how WordPress website development is moving into the future and changing.
- Those who want to start a business creating WordPress websites for clients.
- Those who want to leverage WordPress to create websites for their own business.
- Data Science
- Database Design & Development
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- Programming Languages
- Software Development Tools
- Software Engineering
- Software Testing
- Web Development
- Finance & Accounting
- IT & Software
- IT Certifications
- Network & Security
- Operating Systems & Servers
- Other IT & Software
- Office Productivity
- Personal Development
- Teaching & Academics